This past Thursday Trey and I trekked back to Dallas to meet with our doctor for this first time (our last appt was just a sonogram). It was so awesome getting to see the growth of our little baby in just one week. The littlest bif measured at 8wks 2days, putting him/her a little ahead of schedule. We didn't change the due date yet; we'll get a more accurate reading at later sonograms. The heart rate was 166 bpm, and it was again like music to my ears to hear. Dr. Haddock is such a blessing. She's very encouraging and patient with all our(my) questions. She told us I'm considered a low risk pregnancy and everything looks great so far. That was so great to hear! Of course I trust the Lord and the promises He's placed in my heart, but at the same time, hearing that reassurance from a doctor sure feels great. Probably my favorite part of the appointment was at the end, when Dr. Haddock was about to leave. Trey stopped her and asked if we could pray for her. She agreed and came over, and he reached out for both of our hands. There we sat, in the doctor's office, hands joined with our doctor praying over her. It was a special prayer I know the Lord placed on Trey's heart. I could tell it meant a lot to her as she left, too.
Our next appointment will be November 18, and we'll hear the heartbeat again (no sono this time, though). Be praying for us over the next few weeks as we wait patiently for that appointment. It will also mean huge celebration to me, as we will be officially out of the first trimester. Yay!
In other news, I have been blessed with many opportunities to keep my niece and nephew this week. On Wednesday I even got to go with Marilee on her class field trip to the Wit's End Ranch. It was a blast driving her and her little friend Isabelle there and watching them play and explore on that ranch. Probably the most rewarding part of the day was when I dropped her back off at school and she couldn't hug and kiss me enough when I was leaving. I love being a part of that little girl's life! Trey and I also got to keep both kids while Lee worked today. It was great practice for us, but unfortunately Trey didn't get the chance to change any dirty diapers, so there's definitely more practice to be had :).
More updates to come in the future. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and support as we continue on this journey. The Lord has been so real and evident in our lives, and it's a special time I hope to always remember. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment