Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Time with GA Family

I have been in GA with my family since Monday, July 11, and it has been wonderful! Mom flew in the Saturday before, and on Sunday at 2:45PM, we began our long journey across the states to Georgia. Kate was an EXCELLENT little traveller. She slept almost the entire way and only woke up when we stopped for me to nurse her. What a sweetheart. We made the trip in 13 hours, which is basically how long it has taken Trey and I to make that trip in the past, without a newborn. I was impressed. The first couple days here were not so easy, though. Poor little Kate had a very difficult time adjusting to new surroundings and the pack&play. The p&p we had borrowed didn't have the newborn sleeper attachment, so we would have to bend down and put her in it. She would wake up on that long journey down and not be happy! She ended up sleeping with me in the bed for a few days. The first couple days were pretty sleepless for all of us, but once she started sleeping in the bed with me she was JUST fine. Figures! My brother flew in last Friday, Trey flew in Saturday, and Gretchen got here Sunday. My two aunts also came for a few days. We have had a blast! Also, we borrowed a pack & play with the newborn attachment from my old friends from church (thank you Matt and Whitney), and she's been sleeping great in it.

One big milestone since we've been here: Kate slept through the night for the first time! She's only done it a few nights, but it has been wonderful. The past few nights she's been waking at about 3 or 4 for one feeding, which is fine with me. I can handle one feeding in the middle of the night if her sweet little 6 week old body needs food! When I'm done feeding her (takes about 20 minutes now), I lay her in her bed awake and she puts herself to sleep. I'm a proud momma!

Here are some pictures from our trip so far! Included in the pictures are Kate's first trip to the pool (unfortunately it's been raining here so the water was cold...she did not enjoy that!) and her first time meeting her Uncle JJ and Aunt GG! Jason and Gretchen both couldn't make it to TX so it worked out perfectly that they could come here to meet their sweet niece. We are here til Friday. Today Trey, Kate and I are making the trip to the GA aquarium. Should be fun!

My little girl turned 6 weeks old this past Monday. What a sweetheart!
She loves her Pops so much!
Marmee and Kate.
Fun with Aunt GG and Marmee
My beautiful seesy and my beautiful daughter.
Uncle JJ taking care of Kate.
Me and my girl. 
A proud daddy at the pool with a not so happy Kate!
My family!

Already raising her head like a champ and scooting on the mat during tummy time!

1 comment: