Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Recovering...

I feel as if I'm emerging from the land of the dead. Well, the land of the sick, at least. Last Wednesday night I began to feel sick, with a sore throat and stuffy head. By Thursday night, I had a fever of 101 and all the no funness that comes with that. I did go to the doctor Saturday, and found out I had a sinus infection that led to an ear infection in the right ear and the beginnings of an ear infection in the left ear. Saturday night everything moved into my chest. I was homebound all weekend and made it to work Monday, but it wasn't a fun day. Today is the first day I'm feeling a whole lot better. That's the simple version of my fun joust with this latest round of sickness. I need to give a shout out to two very important people who have been patient and helpful with me during my sickness: Trey and Lee. Trey has watched movies with me, run to the store for me, brought me medicine, fixed me food, and overall taken very good care of me. Lee went above and beyond the call of duty as sister-in-law, bringing me medicince at different times and even going grocery shopping for Trey and I. Thank you to both of you - I love you!

Just as my body is recovering from sickness, we find ourselves in a youth group that is recovering from brokenness and loss. Trey is doing such a great job with the youth. He has so many good ideas, and the Lord is using him to reach those students. We had a night of worship last Wednesday, where we just sang worship songs and read scripture. It was a powerful night, and it was so great watching those students sense the Spirit and respond to His promptings. We had two rededications come out of that night, and our youth volunteers were busy ministering individually to many broken students. Please remember our youth in prayer when the Lord prompts you. There is so much work to be done here, and we know that nothing will be accomplished without God going before us and working in hearts.

1 comment: