Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Well, not always, Cinderella! I certainly had a dream last night that my heart certainly did not make. I woke up this morning feeling so happy. I dreampt of giving birth! Then I realized my dream of giving birth wasn't exactly what I'm hoping for...you see, I gave birth alright. I gave birth to a healthy baby cat. But not just any cat! No, this cat was a toy cat, the type of toy you would get in a McDonald's Happy Meal.

But oh how I loved my baby toy cat in the dream! Dr. Howell (who was my old OB in Fort Worth) delivered my cat baby, and when it was out, he looked at it with doubt and did not believe this baby cat was real. I challenged him to listen to her heartbeat, so he got out the doppler (the thing used to listen to our baby's heartbeat in the womb), we all leaned in over this tiny toy baby cat, and we listened to a strong, healthy heartbeat. That was not the only thing we heard, though. Apparently Dr. Howell pushed a button on my baby cat, and while the heart was beating strongly, the cat also began to laugh a very evil laugh. Have you ever seen The Emperor's New Groove? Near the end of the movie, the wicked Yzma turns into a kitten and she laughs a very wicked, high-pitched cat laugh. This is the laugh that my precious toy baby cat made.

I've heard pregnancy can bring on some very strange dreams, and I've had my fair share so far, but this definitely tops them all! Anyone else had any fun/strange birth dreams when pregnant?

3 comments:

  1. I am hysterically laughing! How hilarious! Mom told me earlier that she dreamed I was an alligator before I was born...oh the crazy imaginative minds of the Jones girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hysterical! I'm sad that I didn't get to hear this little gem of a story this morning before school. On a side note, I'm so glad that God, in His infinite wisdom, has seen fit to allow us to journey into parenthood at the same time, albeit in different ways. I love you, babers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me laugh out loud!! Happy birthing :)

    ReplyDelete