Friday, April 8, 2011

Mommy Time!

This past week has been absolutely wonderful. Why? Because my mom came to visit me in Canton! That's right, I have been one spoiled and very happy girl. Last Friday mom flew in, and my aunt and two cousins from Arkansas drove in for the weekend. Trey's mom came, too, so she could come to our first baby shower. On Saturday we all went to First Monday all day. It was fun but very exhausting, with the heat and all the people! We came home and rested that afternoon, then we grilled hamburgers that night. They were delicious!

Sunday was my first baby shower. It was so much fun getting gifts for our little Kate. We recieved many sweet little girl outfits and some much needed baby items, like her little tub and a playmat for her to lay on. I am so thankful to all the friends and family who came to the shower, and especially to my friends here in Canton who threw us this shower. What a blessing! Below is a pic of mom and I at the shower.


My Arkansas family went home Sunday night, and that left mom and I here for the week. We had a huge list of things to do, and let me tell ya, we got it all done! Kate's room now looks like a little girl's nursery, and not just a pink room with a bed in it. I'll post pics of her room once we get everything on the walls. We also organized three closets and underneath my bathroom sink. We washed TONS of Kate's clothes and put them in their proper place. Basically, we wore ourselves out! Trey was also a huge help. He'd come home at night to a list of things we needed his help with, like hanging pictures and putting the knobs on Kate's dresser. I am so grateful to mom and Trey for all their help. I am one blessed woman! Trey also painted my toenails Saturday night. This was one hysterical time, but I love the picture below. He had such intense concentration.


Thursday mom got to go with me to Kate's 32 week appointment. We heard the heartbeat, toured the labor & delivery area of the hospital, and asked tons of questions. Dr. Haddock said that it's looking like Kate will be normal-sized, between 6-8 pounds, based on the measurements of my tummy. I love my OB and am so glad mom got to meet her. We scheduled our next 2 appts, one in 2 weeks and the other in 4 weeks. The appt that is 4 weeks away will include a sonogram and an exam to check Kate's size and to see if I'm dilating. I can't believe we are getting so close!!! More to come. Thanks for reading!

1 comment: