Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ouchy

That is a word I've thought a lot lately. Last Thursday, in spite of my many desperate attempts to postpone or cancel, Trey took me to Baylor to have my tonsils removed. Overall, I would say my recovery hasn't been nearly as bad as some of the horror stories I've heard. I think it's also been put in perspective because I had a baby earlier this year...nothing compares to that pain and recovery! But it definitely hasn't felt good, either! I'm currently laying here with cold packs on my throat, enjoying some downtime while my baby girl is sleeping.

We have had some wonderful help with Kate over the past week, and we really couldn't have done this without the help from friends and family. Trey's mom stayed with us through Sunday, then his sister Lee helped me Monday and Tuesday. My friend Cammi came out yesterday, and a lady from church helped last Sunday night. It's funny how much this wipes you of energy. I told Trey I only have energy for one big task a day...and it takes me forever. Of course, Kate is a big task in and of herself, but with the help, I've been able to manage. Today has been my first day without help at all. And I am already tired :) With that being said, I'm going to close my eyes for a little while longer while baby girl sleeps. Perhaps a more interesting post will come later, my friends! But I wanted to take this moment to say a big THANK YOU to all friends and famliy for your help, and for those who couldn't be here, for your encouragement and prayers! ...and your excellent advice, Natalie Pippin :)

1 comment: