Friday, December 23, 2011
Kate Holmes Seal of Approval
Kate is a little thumb sucker. I know the whole pacy vs. thumb sucking is a heated issue for some. I'm not really a strong proponent either way, but I do love that my little girl sucks her thumb. Perhaps it's the fact that when I put her down at night, I don't have to keep going back in there to search for her pacy in the dark to give to her so she can soothe herself back to sleep. Or the fact that when she's sleepy or fussy, I pick her up and she sticks that thumb in her mouth and lays her head on my shoulder. But one reason I really love it is the Kate Holmes seal of approval. Every night we give Kate her multivitamin. It's a liquid, and it smells just like vitamin. You would think Kate would hate the taste, but she's never really protested it. As a matter of fact, she actually likes it. Every night after her bath, we dry her off, put on lotion, a diaper, and pjs. Kate also gets her multivitamin at this time. It's a nightly routine that Kate stills cries through at times...she just doesn't like being taken out of the warm bathwater into the cold air! But whether she's upset or happy, once you give her the multivitamin, that thumb goes straight into her mouth and she sucks away like a pro. It has become her seal of approval. Now that she is eating solids, too, she sticks her thumb in her mouth and sucks away once she's tasted something she really likes, such as the banana she tasted for the first time the other night. I love it. It's such a precious little things she does, and I wanted to write it down so I'd always remember (and yes, I am going to write it in her baby book, too!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I absolutely love this so much:) Missing my little thumb-sucker cutie pie!!
ReplyDelete