Sunday, April 4, 2010

To My Love

(This is the first pic ever taken of Trey and I together, Fall 2006)


The other day, I had a realization that Trey and I will be married 2 years on August 16. That's only 4 1/2 months away! Where has all the time gone? It feels like only yesterday that we were approaching our wedding day and excited about all the unknowns of marriage. Now we're over a year & a half into it. I know for many of my family members who read this blog, a big deal for you is not 2 years, but 17, 25, 32 years. I can't wait to reach that many years, but for right now, 2 is pretty exciting for us.

Our first two friends, Jenny and Jonathan (not a couple)

Now let me tell you about the man I love. This post is dedicated to all things Trey (so he should enjoy reading it later on :) ). I first noticed Trey when he walked into that gym at Southwestern Seminary. And what I mean by noticed is my heart went a flutter and I just knew I had to meet that guy. Fast forward 4 years, and he still makes my heart go a flutter when he walks into the room. I remember when I was younger always being afraid that God would make me marry a short, ugly man (no offense to any short or ugly men out there...you're just not for me!). Imagine my shock and joy when that tall, good lookin' Texas cowboy chose me to be his bride.

My first time visiting Trey's family in Odessa

But there are many reasons other than his dashing good looks that draw my heart to Trey Holmes. After being married to him, those reasons have deepened and expanded. Let me tell you about them. First of all, Trey makes me laugh. For those of you who really know Trey, you know that he's not the wise guy who makes cracks all the time. No, he makes me laugh by the things he does and says. For instance, Trey is learning to shave with a straight rasor. On Sunday during the invitational at church, I look up at Trey and notice he has matching bandaids on either side of his neck. They were parallel to each other, almost like he put them there to make a fashion statement. It was hilarious. My only regret is that I didn't get a picture before he took them off after church!

At the SACC picnic Fall 07, recently engaged (check out Trey's hair!)

Trey is also a very compassionate man. Now he's a man, and there's no doubt about that. But when it comes to people suffering or in want, Trey's heart breaks and he wants to serve or help in any way he can. He is a "go to" man, one you can rely on to assemble a group to take action. He's a natural born leader, and he uses his skills to promote the Lord's kingdom. Now that's attractive!

Cowboys/Colts game, Nov 06

Trey not only serves others, but he also serves me. I know that man will do whatever he can to take care of me, and that is a comforting thought. Even the trivial things, he'll do what he can to make sure I'm happy. This morning, for instance, I woke up with a sinus headache. I really wanted a white mocha from Starbucks, but since there isn't one within a 30 mile radius of here, I knew the local coffee shop would do. Trey willingly went to the coffee shop for me so I didn't have to get out for a bit. He also filled my car up with gas during that trip. He takes care of me above and beyond the basics, and I'm so thankful for him.

My first Valentine's with a date, Feb 07


I love being Trey's confidante and companion in life. I love hearing him talk passionately about the ministry, the church, and all other topics he is passionate about (like guns). I love riding bikes, playing card games, watching movies, flying kites, hiking, travelling, and just doing life with Trey. Here's to many more memories to come!

Carving pumpkinds as newlyweds, Oct 08

Playin with the niece and nephew, Spring 2010

Fort Worth Airshow, Oct 09

3 comments: