Thursday, November 11, 2010

Eating My Words

For those of you who know my love of dogs, you should know that I've always wanted a Great Dane, since the young age of 8 or 9. And yes, I still do want one, only we can't afford to feed one at this time in our lives! You should also know, though, my lifelong dislike of weenie dogs. I've been known to call them "a waste of a dog" and other such mean phrases. And yet here I sit with two little weenie dogs snuggled up on the couch with me. How did I get to this place???

Let me explain. Two Christmases ago, my dad decided it was time the get a dog for him and mom. They ordered a little dachsund and named him Buzz. I flew home for Christmas excited to see a new puppy but leary of the fact that he was weenie. Well, the unexpected happened - I fell in love with little Buzz. That's right, I couldn't help it. He is the cutest little guy with such a fun personality. He is also a mini weenie dog, which I really like. So fastforward two years later, and you find Trey and I finally able to get a dog. We have wanted one for so long but have never lived in a place that we could own one. Now the time has come, and I actually wanted a little dachsund. Then the insanity sets in. We decided to get two. That way they always have someone to play with.

So let me introduce you to the two newest members of our family, Pete and Dapple. They are brothers, 6 months old. We love them. They have such fun personalities!! And they snuggle up with their momma so much, it is the best. Most of the pics are taken when they're sleeping because it is almost impossible to catch them still enough when they're awake!!


Burke loves holding the boys. Here he is with Dapple.
 
Dapple

Pete



 Trey LOVES his boys!

Playing "Where's Waldo" puppy style :)


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Chris was the same way! They had labs the whole time he was growing up until his mom got a shi-tzu and now we've had Parson (a shi-tzu) for 9 years!!

    Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dapple has one more picture than Pete in the spread. Pete might have hurt feelings if he knew. :(

    Sincerely,

    The Master of Fairness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...Kara this is so funny. Because I've always wanted a little lap dog and i think the little weenie dogs are sooo cute! Well, it just so happens Nate also has the dream of a huge Great Dane. So about 2 weeks ago we got a Rhodesian Ridgeback...they were bred in South Africa originally to hunt lions...go figure...maybe we can make a trade?? Haha, just kidding. I know you love your pups now!!

    ReplyDelete