Yes, you read the title correctly. I am no longer working! There were a lot of reasons going into this decision, and it actually happened sooner than we planned, but it is true. I no longer work, and I think it could have been the best decision yet that we've made before Kate gets here! It's funny how God works, actually. Two weeks ago I stayed home from work because I was sick (sinus infection). As I was spending time with the Lord that morning, a heaviness came over me as I thought about returning to work when I was better, and especially after Kate is born. And then the tears came. I know these tears were exaserbated by the fact that I'm pregnant, but they were also from a well of emotions I had tucked away concerning my job. Poor Trey came home to eat lunch and didn't realize I'd cry a river throughout the whole meal. Then I called my mom and cried forever talking to her, then I called my pastor's wife and cried talking to her. I cried nonstop that whole day, I'm pretty sure. But boy did I feel good afterward. :)
Long story short, this set Trey and I on a journey of discussion, prayer, and seeking wise counsel on what God's will is for our family concerning me working. We reworked our budget to see if we could make ends meet. We met with our pastor and his wife. We talked. And we prayed. After it all, we decided that I would work until the end of April.
A week later, however, I was still sick and having to cancel and reschedule clients. It is not good to be unreliable as a counselor, even if it is for a legitimate reason. I talked with my boss, and he suggested I take medical leave until Kate is born. Happily I agreed to this arrangement, and now I am free! It's a good thing, too, because I am still not 100% better and probably couldn't work or counsel to my best ability.
I am so energized and excited to think of staying home with my baby girl for at least her first year of life. I know this isn't possible for lots of families, so I am thankful the Lord has made it possible for us. This is a dream come true for me. We will be sacrificing in some ways, and I will be attempting to save us money as much as possible. I am attempting couponing, so we'll see how this works. I also have a friend whose telling me all the cheap ways to buy diapers. I know we can do this, though, because I believe the Lord is our Provider. He owns the cattle of a thousand hills. He can handle taking care of our family!
We decided I would not return to work while I was on bedrest with Eli. We made cut backs and had to have some discipline with money but it works. I'll go ahead and warn you that couponing is a little addictive. It is super cheesy how excited I get when I save a junkload of money using coupons!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! You will be an awesome stay at home mom. It truly is the greatest job in the world!
ReplyDeleteBeing a stay at home mom is the best! There are definitely days when you wonder why God has called you to stay at home because you're about to lose your mind with your 2 year old, but it's truly worth it ;)
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete免費同城交友聊天室
台灣裸聊免費視頻
台灣裸聊入口網站
台灣裸聊平台
免費在線裸聊視頻
性愛裸聊直播間
裸聊直播間視頻
免費同城聊天室
午夜視頻聊天室真人秀場
國外免費色情直播網站