Monday, February 28, 2011

Why Have I Not Shopped at CVS for Years?

That's right. I have now begun the journey of couponing, and I'M ADDICTED!!! I must say that I've not been a believer until recently. I see these women on tv say they pay pennies or dollars for hundres of dollars worth of groceries, and I say "Impossible!" I still don't see how they do all that, but I do see how couponing can be so worth it. Today, for instance, I bought $32 worth of stuff at CVS and only paid $2.16 out of pocket. Crazy!! And it's actually stuff I need or will need in the future, like toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, and contact lens solution (giving that one to mom). I even was short on a couple transactions (meaning I needed to spend more money to use all my extra care bucks), so I bought two packs of doggie treats that were on sale for $.78. How cool is that?!?!

I do have to give credit to the one who got me into this AND taught me everything I know. My friend Jenny, who has a cutie pie little newborn Kaden Wesley, is the one who convinced me it's possible to really save money couponing. She has spent countless hours emailing me and talking to me on the phone to help me get the hang of this. I'm going to make a trip to Fort Worth soon to get more help from her, too. So thank you, Princess! :)

I leave you with this. It's a pic of me at 25 weeks. Another pregnancy post to come soon. Love you all!

3 comments: