This past month has been a fun one - I am loving this age! Kate has been working hard on crawling, and she figured out the army crawl yesterday. Yikes! I'm not pushing the "mobile" thing...I do enjoy my little girl being stationary. But I guess it's inevitable, so I need to start baby-proofing! She also had her first sickness - croup and double eye infection. She had her first Thanksgiving, rode on the horse for the first time with her daddy, and today had her first solid food. Up until this point Kate has been exclusively breastfed, so this was her first taste of anything other than momma's milk. I roasted and pureed a butternut squash for her. At first she didn't quite know what to think about the food, but after a while she really seemed to enjoy it. Trey and I, of course, had so much fun feeding her and seeing how she reacted. Here are some pictures of her eating solids for the first time and a couple just because she's so dang cute.
Before the first bite...not sure what's about to happen
First bite in, and thinking hard about it...
Trying to figure out what just happened :)
Another bite
I think she likes it!
Bring on the solid food...and the bibs!!
Having fun on the floor!
This pic cracks me up. I was trying to snap a quick one when she smiled, so I was making all sorts of funny noises to get her attention. Of course, that always gets the dogs riled up. Right when I snapped this pic, Dapple jumped up to see what all the excitement was about.
What a cutie-pie. I love my little cupKate!











I love the pictures capturing this special moment! They caused me to think how trusting Kate is to take in what you are feeding her. You would only give her nutritious food for her growth because you love her. As God's children we need to be as trusting as Kate knowing that God gives us what is needed for our spiritual growth:)
ReplyDeleteI love my Kate and her mommy and daddy!