Well, most of you already know this and have been praying for us during the process of making this decision, but yesterday FBC Canton, TX unanimously voted for Trey to be their new Minister to Students. We are both so excited about this next step in our journey. We give our two weeks notice today and will move the weekend of March 19-21. Yahoo!!!
In other news, Trey and I recently took a day trip to Waco to eat some good BBQ and to check out the Texas Ranger Museum (not the baseball team). We have always loved escaping to Waco, since its such a fun and refreshing day trip. We will start out the pics of our day with a video from the man himself, Trey Holmes:
The first place we stopped was Jasper's BBQ. Now Texas is a place known for it's BBQ, and I personally believe that Waco has a concentration of especially delicious, good ol' Texas BBQ. Jasper's is such a place. Check out how delicious it looks!
The next stop was the museum. If you know Trey and I well at all, you know that we are suckers for a good museum.
When we got to the museum, we asked the guy up front how long it usually takes people to go through it all. He said 45 minutes to an hour. Well, we journeyed through the musuem, including watching the video (which was very interesting), and we were there a total of 3 1/2 hours! We didn't even finish checking it all out, either. It got pretty crowded with kids and their families, so we decided to head out and come back someday.
To Trey, this museum was like a candy store. If only you could have seen him and heard him as he told me stories, explained guns, and got excited over new pieces of information. I personally enjoyed the kids exhibits.
Another place we spent quite a bit of time at was the museum gift shop. As kids, Trey and I were both suckers for a good museum gift shop. As an adult, Trey is still a sucker for a good museum gift shop :).
The next time you're in the Waco area, be sure to check out the Texas Rangers Museum. And be proud, my fellow Texans!







I just laughed inside (it was a silent laugh, but it was definitely in me:) haha! And now that I wrote that sentence I just laughed out loud!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, this whole laughing comment started when I saw you on a rocking horse...then I saw Trey and it continued! Yall are wonderful!
I would have been on the rocking horse right beside you, sees!