Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chewy Granola Bars

I LOVE granola bars. I mean, love them. I used to always buy the Fiber One bars because they are really tasty, then I discovered this recipe in a Home Life magazine from Lifeway. It is so yummy and simple, plus it's already saved us a ton of money over buying premade bars at the store. I've made several batches and had to tweak the recipe a little to make them stay together, and I thought I'd share with anyone who happens upon the blog. If you try them out, let me know what you think!

Chewy Granola Bars

2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
¼ tsp. salt
2 cups instant or regular oats
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325. Line 9X9 baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Melt butter, honey, brown sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir in oats and pecans. Let cool slightly, then stir in chocolate chips or raisins. Spread on pan, pat lightly to make sure it’s packed in there, and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut up!  

Today I added about 1 cup of peanut butter when melting the butter and stuff, and I made them with chocolate chips. They turned out delicious! I’m sure you could cut down on the brown sugar to make them even healthier, but they are just so good as is I don’t mess with it. Enjoy!!

1 comment: