Yesterday was kind of a crazy day as far as schedule goes for Kate. I joined a women's Bible study at church, which goes from 9-10:30 on Tuesday mornings. Kate woke up at 7:30, ate, played, and was ready for her morning nap by 8:30. I kept her awake til the Bible study at 9, and when we got there she found herself snuggled up and sleeping good in the arms of a lady from church. She slept for about 45 minutes before waking up and wiggling around for the rest of the Bible study. We came home from the Bible study and I fed her and put her down. She was more than ready for a nap! But unfortunately, not too far into her nap I had to get her up because I had a doctor's appt (follow-up). So I woke her up, put her in the carseat, and off we went. Car sleep is never the best sleep. By the time we got home that afternoon (3ish), she was MORE than ready for a good nap. Unfortunately, she was so tired it proved difficult to fall asleep. She cried for about an hour or so in her crib (I would check on her, soothe her, put her back down...only for her to get worked up again within minutes). This is not my normal napper. Kate normally cries a little after I lay her down and then puts herself to sleep. Anyway, when I went to check on her again about an hour into her nap, my daughter must have decided that crying obviously wasn't working for her, so maybe if she changed tactics I would pick her up and not make her nap. She is awful smart for 3 months old. It almost worked. Almost.
No comments:
Post a Comment