Friday, March 19, 2010

Moving!

Well the time has come. At this point, the house is about half packed. I've been amazed this week at what crazy and amazing things a woman can accomplish when left to her own devices. Yes, I am tooting my own horn. In between purchasing and picking moving supplies, finishing up my own full-time job, picking up dry cleaning, doing laundry, saying goodbye to Fort Worth friends, cancelling the internet, shopping around for a new vacuum cleaner, and being an excellent wife to Trey Holmes, I have also managed to pack about 1/2 the house. We currently live in a house filled with boxes and random items sitting out. **disclaimer: Trey did pack 1 1/2 boxes last night...must give credit where credit is due :)



As you can see, we have tons of boxes, and this will be oodles of fun. I'm so thankful the church is paying someone to move all this stuff to our next location! I'm also SO excited that, starting tomorrow, Trey and I will officially live in Canton, TX. While this also freaks me out since I will be away from my amazing friends in Forth Worth (like Bessie Ann, Kat, Jenny...), I can't wait to live so near to Lee, Marilee, and Burke Warrren. What a neat time of life this will be. We will only be a few minutes from each other. This is going to be fun.

Things you can be praying for during this move: the weather this weekend (they're seeing it might freeze or even snow on Sat/Sun), ours and the movers safety during the drive and move, a job for me (I've applied for one that might be pretty great...just waiting to hear back from them), Trey's transition into his new position at the church. 

Trey just left for work, and I fel the need to take a picture of him on his last day at his SWBTS job. Check out my handsome man headed off to finish what he started:

                                              

I leave you today with one amazing photo I took of my niece last weekend. While at Old Navy, she really grew attached to those supermodelquin things. She kept standing in the mix with them, holding their hands, and checking them out to see what they were. I took her pic, and she cheesed it up for this one!
                                           

1 comment: