Monday, September 19, 2011

E is for Explore

E: Explore, 9/17/11

I know it's been a while on the ABC dating, but for good reason (well, bad reason, actually). I was sick the entire month of August and spent the first couple weeks in September recovering. But we are back in the game now, so onto the date!

It was Trey's turn to plan this date, and he did a great job! E stood for exploration, and we explored through pictures. I'll explain in a bit. We started our date off by going to Athens to eat at McAllister's Deli for dinner. I had a Greek salad, a French Dip sandwich, and some potato soup. Trey had the Southwest Cob salad and some broccoli cheese soup. Our meal was yummy!

We really enjoyed getting away from town and relaxing during dinner. Lately, whenever we go out to eat, we have to take turns passing little miss Kate back and forth, as she does not enjoy being in her carseat when there are arms there to hold her! Thus, eating out isn't typically relaxing or easier than eating at home.

After dinner we drove back to Canton's coffee shop, Come Together. As I've said before, our first "date" was to Starbucks after church. Trey was driving me home and wanted to prolong his time with me (I found out later), so he suggested we stop at Starbucks to look at pictures of his recent mission trip to Canada. On this, our "explore" date, Trey brought along our computer and some picture albums. Our task: explore all the fun pictures from when we first met! Oh my word how funny it was looking at some of those old pictures and remember what we were thinking and feeling during those times.


 It was open mic night at the coffee shop, and to start things off they introduced a special guest...a lady all the way from Uganda! Her name was Julianna. She told her testimony, then she had everyone in the coffee shop stand up and participate in a singing and dancing to a couple songs from Uganda.

To be honest, I was a little annoyed at first because this was interrupting our E date and we only had a little bit longer before we had to go home for the babysitter. But then Trey reminded me that hey, this was our explore date, and what better way to explore than to experience a little bit of another culture! Plus, it was pretty funny seeing Trey dance :)

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love this!

    I was thinking E was going to be for "elephant"...wasn't sure how you'd figure that one out but I guess explore will just have to do! F should totally be for France..or Fiji! Best date ever:)

    Love you and Trey and Kate!

    ReplyDelete